caaats42

Approximately one year ago, Meghan and I were getting ready to have Thanksgiving dinner at our house. Company was about to arrive and we were scrambling around making last-minute preparations. Suddenly, the flicker of a pumpkin-scented candle caught Olive’s eye.

The candle was sitting on top of the dining room table, so in an attempt to get to it, Olive yanked on the tablecloth. As the candle came crashing down, hot wax splashed all over Olive’s tail and the carpet. To this day, there are some small scorch marks at the site of impact – I don’t think those will come out.

So we cleaned the wax up from the carpet as best we could, but every time we tried to clean Olive’s tail she would yelp and run away. I think she suffered a minor burn, so we decided to leave the tail alone for the time being.

But as the hours passed, Olive’s wax-tail began to harden into this stiff, clumpy mess. We weren’t sure what to do. Luckily, the issue kind of resolved itself as Olive had eaten all of the wax clean off by the next morning.

Is there a moral to this story? Maybe. I guess if you’re putting on dinner tomorrow and are a little stressed, just be thankful Olive’s not there to make things more difficult.